About Dr Beldholm
Dr. Bernard Beldholm is a FRACS qualified specialist surgeon focusing on surgeries within the following areas:
- Breast augmentation
- Breast Augmentation and lift
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reduction
- Tummy tuck and body sculpting
- Facial rejuvenation surgery and treatments
I started medical school in 1994 at UNSW University. I completed my university studies in 1999 and did my required Internship and Residency training in 2000 and 2001. In 2002 I entered Surgical training with RACS (Royal australasian college of surgeons) that then led on to Advanced surgical training with RACS.
Once I completed my Fellowship with RACS I did a further 2 years of training in cosmetic surgery with ACCS (Australian College of Cosmetic Surgery).
Since completing my Specialist Surgical training I have been in full time practice for more than a decade performing cosmetic surgery.
“RACS Surgeons are highly qualified and up-to-date with the latest developments in their area of skill. They have considerable knowledge and give the best possible care to their patients.
FRACS stands for Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, a qualification awarded only to those doctors who have successfully completed several years of rigorous surgical training.
With a proven commitment to lifelong learning and the highest standards of professionalism, Fellows of the College offer you and your family safe and comprehensive surgical care.”
Read more about it here.
Cosmetic surgery has been my passion for the last decade, view the following.
- TV appearances
- Conference participation
- Published Research articles
- Comprehensive CV, Download PDF
Download this PDF, If you want a summary of my training and experience.
Dr Beldholm spent a number of years in a busy practice in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs and was a well known Specialist Surgeon focusing on helping women get their body back. These are some of the media appearances that Dr Beldholm did.
Dr Bernard Beldholm on the morning show talking about breast augmentation
Dr Bernard Beldholm on the morning show talking about Arm lifts
Dr Bernard Beldholm talking about coolsculpt channel 9 News
Part of being a professional is to share your knowledge with your peers, This is how medicine advances and we can provide better results for our patients. I’m an active trainer for ACCS providing training for cosmetic surgeons. I often have surgeons visiting to learn different cosmetic surgical techniques.
- Thursday 18 April, 2013; “What is the Ideal Shape of an Umbilicus and How to Create this during an Abdominoplasty”
- Thursday 18 April, 2013; “Smoking Bad for Beauty and Bad for Surgery”
- Thursday 18 April, 2013; “New Trends in Abdominoplasty using Liposuction”
- Friday 19 April, 2013; “New Techniques in Arm Lifting”
- Smoking Bad For Beauty and Surgery
- Fat Grafting Still in its infancy
9 May, 2009 ACCS conference, “Pneumothorax after breast augmentation recognition and treatment”
9 May 2005 ASC (Annual Scientific Meeting – Perth), Free paper presentation; “Surgical Experience with Post Infarct Left Ventricular Free Wall Rupture”
9-13 May 2005 ASC, Poster Presentation; “Comparison of subareolar and peri-tumoural injection of Radiocolloid or blue Dye in Identifying sentinal lymph nodes”
9-13 May 2005 ASC, Poster Presentation; “Comparison of using Patent blue dye and technetium 99m in identifying sentinal lymph nodes”
14 Aug 2004 Registrars paper, Poster presentation: day “Surgical experience with post infarct ventricular ruptures”
Cosmetex 2013 conference talk about abdominoplasty
Cosmetex 2013 Different techniques in Arm lift surgery
Tummy tuck surgery. How to create a beautiful belly button? Cosmetex 2013
Formal training is important to make sure that you can safely perform the range of surgery offered. The most critical training that I have done is:
- Becoming a specialist surgeon through RACS (Royal Australasian College of Surgeons)
- 2 years of training in Cosmetic Surgery with ACCS (australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery)
Specific training in cosmetic surgery
Clinical training in cosmetic surgery
- 2 years of cosmetic surgery rotations
- Surgical training log book containing 531 cosmetic surgery cases
Cosmetic surgery specific examinations done at the end of ACCS training
- ABCS (American Board of Cosmetic Surgery) independent cosmetic surgery exam; This is an independent cosmetic surgical exam. It is performed by an independent examiner flown down from the USA to administer the examination and is marked by this examiner. The exam is part of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery (www.americanboardcosmeticsurgery.org) Board examinations. Which I have received a pass, achieving a mark more than 70% (See email confirmation of this fact)
- Oral Viva Voce; 30 minute 5 member panel viva on Clinical Cosmetic Surgery cases and treatments passed.
Practical and review courses in cosmetic surgery
- Liposuction Courses and Workshops
– Liposuction Basic Workshop 13-15 March 2009, 3 full day course, Sydney
– Liposuction Advanced Workshop 2-4 May 2009, 3 full day course, Sydney
– Liposuction “Tumescent Liposculpture Basic Workshop – Hands On training” 3 day work shop, 17-19 April 2010
Review course in Cosmetic Surgery, Sydney NSW 12-14 February, 2010
Download this PDF to see the full details of my training since Medical School
Dr Beldholm strongly believes in research and evidenced based medicine. Dr Beldholm has several research projects currently underway in Tummy tuck surgery and breast surgery and has had several research articles published in peer review journals.
Beldholm, B.R. New trends in abdominoplasty using liposuction. Journal of Cosmetic Surgery & Medicine. Volume 7, Issue 1, 2012 (click here to download the article)
Beldholm, B.R. Necrotising Fasciitis and Cosmetic Surgery. Journal of Cosmetic Surgery & Medicine. Volume 6, Issue 1, 2011, http://www.jcsmonline.com
Beldholm, B.R. (1st author), Lee A U, A simple endoscopic technique for retrieving a long foreign body from the stomach. ANZ Journal of Surgery. 77(7):560-1, 2007 Jul
Beldholm, B.R.(1st author), Lee A U, No laughing matter, MJA, 185(11/12):606 , 2006 Dec
Beldholm, B.R.(1st author), P. Grant, C Manganas, Surgical experience with post infarct left ventricular free wall ruptures, ANZ journal of surgery, 75(suppl.): A35, 2005 May
Beldholm, B.R.(1st author) et al, Comparison of subareolar and peri-tumoural injection of radiocolloid or blue dye in identifying sentinal lymph nodes, ANZ journal of surgery, 75(suppl.): A32, 2005 May
Beldholm, B.R.(1st author).,Dr. F. Bonar, Comparison of using patent blue dye and technetium 99M in identifying sentinal lymph nodes, ANZ journal of surgery, 75(suppl.): A32, 2005 May
Beldholm, B.R(1st author)., Wilson, M., Gallagher, R., et al. Reconstruction of the trachea with a tubed free radial forearm flap. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 126(2):545-50, 2003 Aug
Dr Bernard Beldholm Specialist Surgeon
*Disclaimer: Individual results may vary. All surgery carries risks and you should seek a second opinion before proceeding.