Dr Beldholm combines the Rapid recovery technique with Polyurethane breast implants to provide his patients with a faster recovery and superior results.
Less pain and less chance of complications with a great cosmetic result!
Breast Augmentation surgery is usually requested by women for two main reasons:
Women post pregnancy: Pregnancy is a common cause of loss of volume to the breast. Breast implants can restore the fullness and help to lift the breasts up to a more natural position. Many women post pregnancy want to restore the breasts they had prior to pregnancy. Some women prefer the breast size they had when they were breast feeding and would like to recreate the breast size.
Women before pregnancy: Many women want to enhance their breasts. Many woman simply want their breasts to be more in proportion with their body. Size is not the only issue that a breast augmentation can help with. Tuberous breasts can be improved as well as uneven sized breasts and many other asymmetries.
Our plan for you
As seen on TV with Dr Beldholm
Individual results vary*
4 steps to a successful breast augmentation
As a patient of Specialist Cosmetic Surgery you will be guided through a 4-stage process designed to meet all your unique needs and expectations of surgery.
Dr Beldholm and his staff are here to guide you through and make sure that you get the best possible result. We focus on making you comfortable and answering all your questions.
From patient coordinator, receptionists, practice manager to Dr Beldholm. We are here to assist and guide you through your very personal surgical journey.
There are many options for your surgery and these will be discuss with you during your consultation. Dr Beldholm will recommend an option that is customised for you and your body based on his vast experience, having performed thousands of surgical procedures over the past decade.
The decision to undergo any surgery will be made after it has been determined that it is safe for you to do so and that the results will match your expectations.
By the end of the consultation your questions and doubts will be answered and you can make a fully-informed decision.
If you decide to proceed, Dr Beldholm and his team will collaborate with you on designing a personalised treatment plan, scheduling a convenient date and location for your surgery, and providing all preoperative and post-operative information.
Your appointment with Dr. Beldholm can be scheduled at two convenient locations:
- 330 Belmore Rd, Lorn NSW 2320: a beautiful converted heritage building in the Hunter Valley.
- 8 Lambton Rd, Broadmeadow, NSW 2292: a modern facility in the heart of Newcastle.
It can be quite overwhelming when you consider having surgery and often it can be hard to remember all the information that we have provided you with. We therefore provide you with written information about your procedure as well as an option to come back and have further follow up consultations with Dr Beldholm at no additional charge.
Your 3D consultation with Dr Beldholm
Most women find it difficult to decide on an exact size for their breast implants.
Dr Beldholm combines his consultations with 3D imaging. The use of 3D imaging will help to decide on the best implant size for your shape and body. The images can be viewed in the comfort of your own home.
Dr Beldholm performs Breast augmentation in private hospitals in the Hunter Valley:
- Maitland Private Hospital
- Hunter Valley Private Hospital
Rapid recovery technique
The 24 hour recovery technique described by Dr Tebbetts makes it possible for 96% of patients to go back to normal activities within 24 hours (ref 10 & 11). Using this technique assists with patients able to resume full exercise 4 weeks after surgery. It also helps elevate the risk of rotation and displacement of the implant (ref 4,6,7 & 8). The use of drains is also not required.
Recovery from a Breast Augmentation will vary for each individual. In the majority of patients the recovery is quick.
This is what you can expect:
- Some discomfort for the first few days that varies from patient to patient.
- Ability to lift your arms up above your head within a few days.
- Procedure is a hospital day stay only.
- Most patients only need minimal pain medications such as panadol.
- No drains are required.
- You are provided with 2 compression garments.
- Breast massaging is not required.
- No strapping required.
- If you have a non physical job, then you should be able to go back to work in 3-5 days postoperatively.
- Full exercise with no restrictions after 4 weeks.
Individual results may vary*
Your procedure is not considered complete until Dr. Beldholm has met with you to follow up after your operation. He will ensure that the healing process has gone according to plan and that all the expectations discussed in your one-on-one consultation have been met.
You will generally see the doctor on the day after the operation and also in 1 month, 3 months and 6 months following surgery. These appointments are included in the surgical fee.
The refined surgical techniques result in strategically-placed scars that are hidden from view and will become almost imperceptible over the course of a year.
The breast will initially feel firm. This firmness will start settling at around 6 months. Once you reach 12 months your breasts should be soft and move naturally.
We have created an extensive LED light treatment program after you leave hospital to maximise wound healing and recovery.
What breast implant shape, size and position do I choose
What breast implant shape, size and position do I choose
Breast Augmentation Combining a Breast Lift
A Breast Augmentation will restore fullness to your breasts. However, if there is excessive volume loss then you will need a breast lift. A breast lift can be performed at the same time as your breast augmentation, providing you with fullness as well as perkiness in the one procedure.
“A Breast Augmentation and lift is effectively two procedures in a single operation. Patients are able to, not only, increase the size of their breasts, but also improve the overall shape and position. The high satisfaction rates with this procedure are due to the industry-leading techniques we use that minimise scarring and produce more predictable results.”
Dr Bernard Beldholm FRACS
Breast augmentation using fat injections
Breast augmentation using fat injections can give you a size increase of approximately 1 cup size. This technique is suited for women with minimal volume loss and mainly empty breasts that need only a small amount of fullness restored.
Dr Bernard Beldholm Specialist Surgeon
PEER REVIEW JOURNAL ARTICLES THAT SUPPORT THE WAY THAT WE DO THINGS
- R Glen Calderhead, Won-Serk Kim and David B Vasily “Adjunctive 830 nm light-emitting diode therapy can improve the results following aesthetic procedures” Laser Ther. 2015 Dec 30; 24(4): 277–289.
- Kim, W. S. & Calderhead, G. R. (2011). “Is light-emitting diode phototherapy (LED-LLLT) really effective?” Journal for laser surgery, phototherapy and photobioactivation, 20(3): 205-21
- Becomes 3. Pompei S; Evangelidou D; Arelli F; Ferrante G. “The Modern Polyurethane-Coated Implant in Breast Augmentation: Long-Term Clinical Experience.”. Aesthetic Surgery Journal. 36(10):1124-1129, 2016 Nov.
- Becomes 4. Vazquez, G. “Polyurethane-Coated Silicone Gel Breast Implants Used for 18 years”. Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, 2007.
- Becomes 5. Handel, N. “Long–term safety and efficacy of Polyurethane Foam-Covered Breast Implants.“ Aesthetic Surgery Journal Vol.26 2006
- Becomes 6. Hester T.R., Tebbbets, J. Maxwell, G.P. “The polyurethane-covered mammary prosthesis: Facts and fiction (II).“ Clinics in Plastic Surgery Vol.28 2001
- Tebbetts JB. “Achieving a predictable 24-hour return to normal activities after breast augmentation: part I. Refining practices by using motion and time study principles.”. Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. 109(1):273-90; discussion 291-2, 2002 Jan.
- Tebbetts JB.”Achieving a predictable 24-hour return to normal activities after breast augmentation: part II. Patient preparation, refined surgical techniques, and instrumentation.” Plast Reconstr Surg. 2002 Jan;109(1):293-305; discussion 306-7
*Disclaimer: Individual results may vary. All surgery carries risks and you should seek a second opinion before proceeding.