Liposuction and VASER liposculpture for sculpted result
Liposuction and VASER liposculpture for a sculpted result
Get rid of stubborn bulges and annoying areas with Vaser Liposculpture for quick, smooth results!
VASER liposculpture is a great method for achieving a sculpted result in one go!
This procedure uses a precise, minimally invasive liposuction technology that produces eye-catching results in just one procedure. The procedure is tissue-selective, targeting fat while protecting other tissues from damage. It’s powerful enough to eliminate substantial areas of fat but gentle enough to treat delicate areas such as the neck and arms.
- Results that are smoother
- Faster recovery
- Less bruising
(Ref1,2) Individual results vary*
Specialised VASER liposculpture theatre in Newcastle
We have a dedicated liposuction Day Procedure Clinic in Broadmeadow with the latest in vaser liposculpture equipment. Our specialised staff give you a great experience and great recovery.
VASER Liposculpture is the modern liposculpture
Precision Body Contouring
Vaser liposculpture adds an additional step to the liposculpture procedure. VASER stands for Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance. The vaser is a probe that is inserted into the tissues to melt the fat. The probe vibrates at a high frequency and thereby breaks the fat cells down. One of the biggest benefits of this is that the procedure is tissue-selective, targeting fat while protecting other tissues from damage. Other tissues such as nerves and blood vessels are not damaged as much as with traditional liposuction. This means less bruising and less pain after the procedure. VASER liposculpture is clinically proven (ref 1,2) to produce even results in treated areas, leaving your skin smooth and your body beautiful.
Key benefits of VASER liposculpture
- Improved recovery time in one procedure
- Smoother contouring than with traditional liposculpture
- Can remove a large amount of fat
- Can treat delicate areas such as arms and neck
- Accentuates muscles and defines body parts
We get rid of unwanted bulges!
At Specialist Cosmetic Surgery, many of our VASER liposculpture patients lead very active lifestyles and are very health conscious.
You exercise regularly and eat healthy.
Yet, no matter how much you take care of yourself, You can’t seem to get rid fat in various problem areas
Common areas that are resistant to exercise are:
- Inner thigh
- Saddle bags
- Love handles
- Sculpted 6-pack
We also offer High definition VASER liposuction for a sculpted chest & abdomen.(Ref1,2)*
Difference between normal VASER liposculpture and Hi-Definition liposculpture
Hi-Definition refers to a more chiseled or “etched” appearance. Vaser can be used to create a 6 pack in men as well as defining other muscle groups.(ref 1,2)*
Modern liposculpture with a difference
What we can do for you?
A thorough consultation
During your initial consultation, you will meet one-on-one with Dr. Beldholm who will spend as much time with you as needed. You will never be rushed. We spend the necessary time to listen to you and tailor the surgery to suit your unique situation and features. After your initial consultation, you have the opportunity to see the surgeon as many times as you want at no additional cost.
Guidance through the entire process
We know that your decision to undergo VASER liposuction is a major one. It’s not one that you’ve taken lightly. We understand you’ll have plenty of questions before and even after the procedure. That’s why your surgical journey will be guided by our patient coordinator. We are there for you every step of the way.
Faster recovery post-surgery
We know that your time is also valuable. VASER liposculpture has been shown to improve recovery as compared to traditional liposuction. We also include LED light treatment after surgery to promote faster recovery.
What to expect during the procedure
You have two options when it comes to your surgery. You can have your procedures performed in our specialised Liposculpture theatre, under local and sedation, or under full general anaesthetic in either Maitland Private Hospital or Hunter Valley Private Hospital.
What happens at the surgery when using VASER liposculpture.
- The targeted area is injected with a special saline solution (tumescent fluid) to numb the area and shrink local blood vessels. It also temporarily expands the volume of the target area, making fat cells easier to remove.
- Small probes are then inserted into the body through small incisions. These probes resonate at a high ultrasound frequency, shaking fat cells lose while leaving surrounding tissues intact.
- The lose fat cells mix with the tumescent fluid, and are then removed from the body using special cannulas which help preserve the tissue matrix.
- After surgery, patients are prescribed a recovery regimen to promote maximum skin retraction and smooth results.
Non-Invasive fat reduction vs VASER liposculpture
There are now many non-invasive fat reduction methods available on the market. Some of the better known ones are:
What method is the best?
It all depends on what you want and how quick you want to see the results.
Benefits of the non-invasive fat reduction methods
- No surgery involved
- Less expensive. However, to get the same result that can be achieved with VASER liposuction, you would need multiple sessions over several months. The cost would in fact be more, and it would take longer to achieve the same result.
- Less pain. It is however not pain free, and as with any medical procedure there is a risk of pain and complications after the procedure.
Benefits of VASER Liposuction
- Able to sculpt the area
- More complete removal of fat
- Quicker, more visible results. It will take 3-4 months to get the final result from liposuction. However, the result is visible almost immediately after the procedure.
- Low risk procedure
- Able to perform high definition sculpting or etching of muscle groups
- Fat grafting to enhance certain areas, such as the brazilian butt lift, using your own fat that has been removed with the liposculpture, or injecting fat in the face for facial rejuvenation
Is liposculpture right for you?
A skilled cosmetic surgeon can help you achieve the more sculpted appearance you desire without the need for general anaesthetic, an overnight stay in hospital, or days off work; and without suffering pain, scarring or exposing yourself to excessive risk.
Soft tissues can lose tone and stubborn fat deposits can build up, even in young people who keep themselves fit and healthy with a good diet and regular exercise. It can also be particularly difficult to regain the desired physique after pregnancy or weight gain, and a dimpled, bloated, or sagging appearance is common.
We specialise in an advanced form of liposculpture called VASER, which more precisely targets and removes fat deposits, and re-contours your body with more predictable results, less discomfort, and faster recovery times than traditional liposuction.
Your postoperative care and recovery
Recovery times from VASER liposculpture will vary from individual to individual and depend on the extent of your procedure.
Standard VASER is generally a relatively minor surgical procedure, and you can usually return home one or two hours after, following a post-operative check by Dr. Beldholm and the application of compression garments.
There is usually little or no pain involved with VASER liposculpture, due to the minimal damage to surrounding tissue. You are likely to experience only slight and temporary bruising or swelling post-surgery and most patients can return to work immediately.
With Hi-Def VASER being a more-involved procedure there is a longer recovery period. You will usually require drains and more extensive compression to prevent seromas, and there may be a little more discomfort than with standard VASER.
In both procedures you will notice immediate positive changes, but the final result may take 3-6 months, as the swelling subsides and the liposuction settles. Scarring is minimal and will quickly become imperceptible.
Is liposculpture safe?
There is an element of risk with any surgical procedure, but you will only undergo surgery after it has been determined that it is safe for you to do so and that the results will reasonably match your expectations.
Patients rarely report any problems. Having performed liposuction on many men and women over the past decade, minimising risks is an important characteristic of the care that Dr. Beldholm and his team provide.
Fewer than 1% of patients experience the most common complication, which is superficial wound infection that is easily treated with antibiotics.
Your follow up care
Your procedure is not considered complete until Dr. Beldholm has met with you to follow up after your operation. He will ensure that the healing process has gone according to plan and that all the expectations discussed in your one-on-one consultation have been met.
You will generally see the doctor on the day after the operation and also in one month, three months and six months following surgery. These appointments are included in the surgical fee.
If you experience any concerns at any time during the recovery or follow up period, Dr. Beldholm and his team will be available to assist you and to set your mind at rest.
How effective is liposculpture?
Liposculpture is performed only after extensive personal consultation with Dr. Beldholm, thereby optimising the chances of an effective outcome in line with your expectations.
The VASER system has been selected for its increased efficacy over other liposuction technology. It results in less bruising and a smoother result with quicker recovery.
Specifically, the following results may be expected from VASER Liposculpture:
- Smoother contours in the area(s) of the body that receive treatment.
- Removal of ‘dimpled’ or ‘saggy’ appearance in the body area(s) that receive treatment.
- A ‘lighter’ feeling in general.
- Enhanced self-confidence.
During the procedure, fat cells are removed, so the treated area will always have less fat. However, if you subsequently put on weight, the treated area will grow to the same extent as the rest of body, while remaining in proportion, just as it was post-treatment.
With Hi-Def VASER liposculpture the main result will be increased muscle definition in the area of the body that has been operated on.
Possible complications after liposuction surgery
Liposuction is a very safe procedure. However, as with any surgical procedure there is always the possibility of complications.
The procedure will result in scar formation, as with all surgery. With liposuction there will be tiny scars of 3-6mm in the area of the body that is being treated. Scarring is generally pink, but fades to become white, soft and supple in the weeks or months after the operation. Most patients find that the wound heals quickly and that the appearance is ultimately acceptable to them.
Specific complications relating to liposuction may include:
- Excessive swelling or bruising that takes time to heal. In particular, persistent swelling in the legs can occur.
- In the unlikely event of excessive bleeding after the operation, emergency treatment may be required to drain accumulated blood; a blood transfusion may even be necessary.
- Infections may occur. Life threatening infections, such as toxic shock syndrome, have been known to occur after liposuction.
- Skin contour irregularities, depressions, or ‘grooves’ may occur.This may include visible and palpable wrinkling or pitting of skin, which requires additional treatment. Residual skin irregularities at the ends of the incisions or “dog ears” are possible, as is skin pleating, where there is excessive redundant skin. This may improve with time, or it can be surgically corrected.
- Fat necrosis- fatty tissue found deep in the skin might die and produce areas of extra-firmness within the skin. Additional surgery may be necessary to remove it.
- Seroma fluid collection may result after the operation. This would require aspiration or other additional treatments.
- Changes in skin sensation are common in areas that have had surgery. This usually resolves over a period of time but in rare cases may become chronic.
- Depending on where the liposuction is being performed, possible damage may occur to deeper structures such as nerves, blood vessels and, if around the abdomen, the bowel or other internal organs.
- If performed around the chest then pneumothorax is possible, as well as damage to the internal structures.
- Pubic distortion – in rare cases, women can develop distortion of their labia and pubic area. Should this occur, additional treatment including surgery may be necessary.
Research reports that support the way I do things
- AE Hoyos, JA Millard, “VASER-assisted high-definition liposculpture”, Aesthetic Surgery Journal, 27(6):594-604, 2007 Nov-Dec
- Nagy MW1, Vanek PF Jr., “A multicenter, prospective, randomized, single-blind, controlled clinical trial comparing VASER-assisted Lipoplasty and suction-assisted Lipoplasty.”, Plast Reconstr Surg. 2012 Apr;129(4):681e-9e
General disclaimer (including google ad disclaimer)
There is no guarantee of specific results and the results can vary from patient to patient. The photos shown have not been altered, other than removing identifiable marks such as tattoos and birthmarks at the request of the patient. If any such alteration has been done then it has been done equally on both before and after photos and there is a notation under the photo stating what alteration has been done.
Facebook ads disclaimer
This site is not part of the Facebook website or Facebook Inc. Additionally, this site is NOT endorsed by Facebook in any way. FACEBOOK is a trademark of FACEBOOK INC. Every effort has been made to accurately represent this product and its potential. This site and the products and services offered on this site are not associated, affiliated, endorsed, or sponsored by Facebook, nor have they been reviewed tested or certified by Facebook.
AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency) disclaimer, required by Australian Law
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.